Sunday, November 6, 2011

Modern Warfare 3 goes for over $1700!? GAH!!

So, through numerous gaming sites, it has come to my attention that a leaked, early copy of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 went for $1,725 on ebay.

Let us have that marinade for a bit...





I'll give you a minute...





Just one more...





Okay.
REALLY!?  ONE THOUSAND, SEVEN HUNDRED AND TWENTY FIVE FUCKING DOLLARS?!  ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!?
I thought it was nuts that people would spend something similar to that for the PS3 or XBOX 360 on their release.  Nope, the world has once again surprised me with its brilliance by letting a human being spend more than I make in a month on one, single game... 6 days early.
Yes, that grossly overpaid amount was given just so the idiot who paid it could play the game 6 days early.
I hang my head in shame at the thought that I share a species with this person.  Honestly, if you have the money to blow $1,725 on a video game then you should be doing something better with that money, namely for the people who can't even afford the game at its $60 release price.
Is this seriously the world that we live in?  I get wanting to get into playing one of the most anticipated games of 2011.  Hell, I want to be amongst those people at the midnight release.  But shelling out nearly 2 grand to do so?  Ugh.  That's just heart-breaking, people.  And we wonder why people are scrambling by trying to make ends meet on two jobs.
To the person who spent that money for a $60 video game... what the Hell is wrong with you?  Straight up.  If you have nothing better to do with that money then I guess you are a lucky, little bitch.  But you're still a fucking idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment